Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

procrastinator

I am a rEEEEEEEEally bad procrastinator.
For the past 8 1/2 years I have done everything in my power to get this off to R & S, E, etc on time. I am a horrible person, because Christmas... yes Christmas... is still at my house. This year I have a good excuse though, we're broke(literally) so I hope they know that my intentions were well.  

Any whoosers, being that I am awful and buying gifts in advance, and then not having everything ready in time, more times than not I have gifts for my little family sitting on a shelf, waiting.  One specifically is R's Fathers Day Card and gift.  SERIOUSLY. I am awful.  I did really well on Mothers Day, for real, the first time ever as well. I had all cards bought for the important women in our lives, and then even had them mailed out BEFORE Mothers Day.   What happened that I didn't do the same with Fathers Day?! Oh my blasted wretch of the world, its bad.  I blame it on the fact that we were trying to figure out how to get my little fam up to see my brother, who we hadn't seen in 4 1/2 years.  Planning baby blessings, pictures, and a bunch of other things to be jammed into that 3 day weekend.  

I hate being a procrastinator.  I hope that R knows how much I do love him. How every time I see them, him, or him with his Little's, how he answered every prayer, every hope, and every dream I ever had for that little boy.  He is an INCREDIBLE Father. He is an incredible example. He is an incredible person.  I hate to say it... OK no I don't... but I truly have the best family. They are THE BEST adoptive couple out there. And have I mentioned I hate saying "adoptive couple" about them. Because they ARE, 100%, those little mommy and daddy. I need a better word.... that people will know what I'm talking about.

Why am I writing this random post about being a procrastinator and airing out all the dirty laundry of my bad habit? I have no idea. It just came to me as I was setting up for a little party I am hosting tonight. Its just been in my mind, as I've seen that little bit of stuff, waiting, for its intended person.  

Someday, I will be better. Until then, I HOPE YOU FORGIVE ME!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment