Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

sixiteen going on seventeen

Day 16: Family Through Adoption


This beautiful, amazing, gorgeous family, are family through adoption.
I dated the Mommas brother, and only met her a handful of times. But this family was awesome on its own anyway!  I had no idea about their wanting to adopt. I wondered if they even knew I was a Birth Mom.  But anyway...  I had the opportunity to do an adoption panel one evening. I had a feeling that I should bring a girl, who I worked with, who was pregnant, but just brushed it off. As I was sharing my story I looked over to see the beautiful momma and daddy in this picture. IT WAS THEM!  I knew immediately why they needed to meet the girl I should have brought.  And... long story short... they are the adoptive couple to that amazing girlies daughter. The oldest. And I was able to be a part of that.
AMAZING EXPERIENCE!  I am forever changed being on the "receiving" end of an adoption!  

Day 17: Lessons Learned:


Simply put... there are SO MANY... but these are a few.
1~ I can do REALLY hard things.
2. The Lord is there for me when I ask for help.
3. Forgiveness is Key to progress.
4. Healing still happens.
5. Its OK to hope the best for others.
6. I am head over heels for adoption.
7. I am grateful for the knowledge gained through this experience.

Day 18: Friends


Becoming Pregnant in HS... being one of the good girls that hadn't done that kind of stuff... it was really shocking to see who my friends really were.  I was shocked at the PARENTS of some of my so called friends. "You can't associate with her anymore."  Especially when it came from someone whose child was sexually active... but she didn't know it... and hadn't got caught.  I remember thinking I could still be friends with these people after this experience. Nope. It was a daily challenge to fit in with those people. It was just to different. But I have made the BEST OF FRIENDS because I am a Birth Parent. I am so so grateful for women who can love me for all that I am, in spite of my past!

Day 19: The Best Sound

I don't have a photo for this... I had a video... and it doesn't want to load.
But the best sound, has to be laughter.  The laughter of my own babies. The laughter of S and she tells me a story about E. The laughter of those angel boys laughing at their dad cause he is stuck on the kid "Ferris wheel" Its pure joy, and heals my heart. No matter how mad or hurt, laughter breaks me!




No comments:

Post a Comment