Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Adoption Photo-A-Day part 1

Day 1. How I relate to Adoption



I am  Birth Momma. I am proud of that. It took a long time to be proud of that, but I am now.
I am a Birth Mom. I am a real Mom. I am a sister. I am a daughter. I am a friend. I am a fighter.
 I am a listener. I am a promise maker. I am a faith holder. I am a lover. I am a procrastinator. 
I am a perfectionist.  I am me.

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you." Dr. Suess

Day 2: Bravery


"Brave. Walking out my patents front door. I didn't want to do it. And it to an unbelievable amount of bravery to do it. #adoptionchallenge #naam #brave #adoptionabc" taken from my Instagram
It really was the worst feeling... walking out my parents front door, to take that angel boy to his mom and dad. I didn't want to. I even asked BF if we could just not go. If we could just stay there. It made me sick, I still don't know how I got from my parents, to the car, to the meeting place, and back home.  Its a blur. But It was necessary, and it was absolutely right. 
"Bravery, is finding something more important that fear." -unknown

Day 3: My Family


I know, the quality is well... meh.  And Lou's face, well it was WAY to bright to face that way.  
But this is my family. This is what I have to show 10 years later. I don't have a degree, I don't have lots of money, I don't have a bunch of travel stamps. I have a husband, who works so hard. I have 3 beautiful children who are all so different its hurts. And i love them.  Its far from perfect, but we are still in the beginning:).  I love them. They love me. And its a perfect imperfection.
"Family is not an important thing, ts everything." - Michael J. Fox


No comments:

Post a Comment